Kate Pinsonneault, MACP, RCC-ACS, CIMH, CCTP
I’m a happy you’ve found me. I’m a Registered Clinical Counsellor, Certified Clinical Trauma Professional and an Approved Clinical Supervisor. I’ve been helping individual, families, couples and children overcome challenges and reach their goals for over 40 years. I offer a client-centred approach that is warm, accepting, supportive and culturally sensitive.
I help people of all ages with a with a wide variety of issues including life transitions, loss, complex trauma, anxiety, relationship challenges, etc. My approach is client centred, with your goals and needs always the priority and focus of our time together. I will work with you to find an approach and a pace that is right for you.
With decades of experience working with children and families and a post-graduate certificate in Infant and Child Mental Health, I understand the challenges facing children and their parents today. I am here to help you sift through the social and emotional complexities and come to a better understand what you can do to support your child.
I am also passionate about providing clinical supervision to Master level students and practicing clinical counsellors. I offer mentorship and consultation to individuals, small groups of 2-4, and group supervision for up to 8 participants. I also offer an IFS consultation group for therapists seeking guidance as they develop their skills in this model. I am devoted to the professional development of counselling therapists and also offer workshops and courses to support new and experienced therapists. For more information, please click on the event button or feel free to contact me.
Works with: Individuals, families, couples, children of all ages and groups, in-person and online. I also work with Master level students and clinical counsellors offering mentorship, consultations and supervision.
Areas/Issues: Complex trauma, PTSD, stress, anxiety, relationship challenges, depression, developmental trauma, loss, attachment wounds, separation / divorce, adoption, individuals with special needs.
Therapeutic Approaches & Modalities: Internal Family Systems (IFS) works with our protective system and heals the parts of us that are burdened with emotional wounds often from traumatic or overwhelming experiences;
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), an effective treatment for many types of psychological distress including trauma and PTSD;
Sandtray Therapy can help reveal beliefs or fears that we are often unaware of but impact our daily lives.
I also offer Emotionally Focused Therapy, bio-feedback, Brain Spotting, art therapy, as well as play therapy and Parent-Chid Interactive therapy for young children. My client centred approach also incorporates mindfulness, attachment theory, self-compassion, Polyvagal theory, Narrative Therapy and somatic approaches..
- Blue Cross
- Crime Victim Assistance Program (CVAP)
- Humana Care
- First Nations Health Authority (FNHA)
- MCFD’s Autism Funding Program
- WorkSafe BC
- Self Design
- Brown Crawshaw
*Please check with your benefits provider to see if you are covered for a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC).
- Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Infant Mental Health Certification
- BCACC Approved Clinical Supervisor
- IFS – Level 2
- Clinical Supervision Success: The Complete Course for More Effective, Ethical, and Inspiring Supervision
- Queering your Practice: Working Competently, Affirmingly and Confidently with LGBTQ2IA+ Clients
- Clinical Supervision Fundamentals certificate
- The Body Keeps the Score-Trauma Healing certificate
- Polyvagal Informed Therapy certificate
- Treating Complex Trauma: Beyond Competency
- Internal Family Systems Skills and Competencies Course
- Bringing a Polyvagal Perspective into Therapy
- Treating Complex Trauma with Internal Family Systems
- Internal Family Systems for Trauma, Anxiety, Depression and Addiction
- Complex Trauma and Shame: Somatic Interventions
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
- EMDR Basic Training Certificate
- Indigenous Cultural Competency Mental Health Core Training; Emotionally Focused Therapy training
- Brain Spotting certificate
- Biofeedback in Clinical Counselling
- The Neurobiology of Expressive Play Therapy
- Hearing Voices that are Distressing Certificate
- Attachment Through the Life Span
- Family Law Information Workshop
- DMM Attachment and Psychopathology certificate course
- Infant Massage Certificate
- Attachment Treatment certificate
- Early Brain Development and Learning certificate
- Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT) Certificate training
- BC Early Hearing Program training
- Drug Addicted Mothers: Treatment Issues and Solutions
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire and the Ages and Stages Questionnaire: Social / Emotional, Train the Trainers certificate
- Assessment, Evaluation and Programming System for Infants and Children, Train the Trainers certificate
- Clinical Practices for Youth Addictions certificate course
- Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) Level 3, Primary Care
- Gessel Neurodevelopmental Assessment Certificate (level 3)
- Red Flags and Red Herrings in Screening for Autism certificate
- Child Sexual Abuse Intervention course
- Conflict Resolution certificate
- Mediation certificate
- Play Therapy Theory and Practice
- Art Therapy for Children
- Postgraduate certificate in Special Education
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Independent Studies (Psychology and Sociology)
- Diploma in Child Care
To make an appointment with Kate , please click on the link below or email Kate@seahorsecounselling.ca or call (250) 218-4394.