Karla Osborne, RTC (ACCT),CIMHP, CFAP, CTP, Cert.HCS
I am a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor, Certified Integrative Mental Health Professional, Certified Trauma Professional, and a Certified Food Addiction Professional. While I have been working with adults in different capacities since 2007, more recently I have been focused on helping clients with food and other addictions. Life presents us with all kinds of challenges. My passion is to support people to overcome difficulties and improve their quality of life through accessing their innate resilience.
As a client-centred therapist my approach is compassionate, respectful and open, which people often find reassuring and easy to connect with. I also work holistically, considering the mental, biological, social, emotional and spiritual aspects of each person.
I am dedicated to supporting clients as they heal, learn, grow and transform their lives. Above all, I believe in finding what works for each individual.
Works with: adults of all ages, online and in-person, individually and in groups.
Areas / Issues: Stress, relationship challenges, trauma, attachment, resilience, addiction recovery (including food addiction).
Therapeutic Approaches and Modalities: I can incorporate a variety of modalities, depending on what suits each client. I may draw from somatic (body-based) approaches and mindfulness, trauma approaches including Polyvagal and Internal Family Systems, as well as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. For clients seeking support with addiction I may also include the 12 Steps for recovery.
Funding and Insurance Coverage: Blue Cross, Sunlife.
*Please check with your benefits provider to see if you are covered for a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (RTC).
Certification and Training:
- Registered Therapeutic Counsellor (ACCT)
- Certified Integrative Mental Health Professional (CIMHP)
- Internationally Certified Food Addiction Professional
- Certified Trauma Professional
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) Informed Practitioner
- Certificate in Haven Counselling Skills
- Advanced Nutritional and Integrative Medicine for Mental Health Professionals
- Nutrition Essentials for Clinicians: Culinary Medicine to Improve Mood, Sleep, Attention and Focus
- Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing, Step by Step: Master the Body-oriented Approach to Trauma and Stress Disorders
- Treating Complex Trauma: Beyond Competency
- Internal Family Systems Therapy for Trauma, Anxiety, Depression, Addiction and More
- IFS Online Circle: Foundations of the IFS Model
- Body Embrace: Treating Negative Body Image in Clients in Larger Bodies
- Essentials of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- SMART Recovery Facilitator Training
- Breaking Free Through Healing Conversation: Moving Beyond Trauma and Abuse
- Attachment Treatment: Theory and Techniques Workshop
- Provincial Outreach Program for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders
- Becoming a Behaviour Detective- “There is Always a Reason for the Behaviour”
Meet with Karla
If you are interested in receiving counselling Karla, please click on the button below, or contact Karla at (250) 871-1184 or email email@example.com.