Christina Bursey, Registered Psychiatric Nurse
IN PERSON sessions available at Cliffe Ave office location (beside KFC) or walking sessions at Air Park (per request). Online and phone sessions are also available. Christina grew up on Vancouver Island and has lived the Comox Valley since 2011, therefore is familiar with many of the local resources. She is a Registered Psychiatric Nurse and also a professional member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA).
Her calm, compassionate, non-judgmental presence provides you with a safe place to share and be supported. Christina incorporates therapeutic modalities and conceptual models of psychiatric nursing to cultivate your goals. Christina is passionate about supporting individuals on their journey to foster wellness and fulfillment. She cultivates empowerment and enrichment to leave you feeling renewed and hopeful.
She has three decades of nursing experience working in a wide variety of areas. As a Registered Psychiatric Nurse she adheres to the professional standards, scope of practice, code of ethics and practice standards within BCCNM. She integrates evidence informed knowledge and skill to promote safety, competence and quality practice.
Christina has experience working with individuals in varied areas including:
- Geriatric Specialty Services (GSS) mental health consultant, case management.
- acute medical/surgical
- extended care
- Psychiatry inpatient nurse
- Psychiatry intensive care nurse
- Mental Health & Substance Use Intake and walk in counselling
- Mental Health & Substance Use case management (ACSS)
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT team)
Adolescents over 17years of age, Young adults, Adults, seniors, Geriatric individuals, health care professionals.
Collaboratively helps individuals with:
- interpersonal, intrapersonal conflicts
- workplace burnout/stress
- senior and geriatric support -caregiver support
- healthcare professional & frontline worker distress/trauma
- pandemic stressors
- relationship /family stressors
- preventative treatment planning and interventions for mental and emotional disorders
- panic, anxiety, depression, fear, obsessive behaviors, anger
- addiction & substance use
- co-dependency and family support
- navigating healthcare system
- comprehensive plans to achieve goals
- improving resilience & building coping skills
- providing psychoeducation
- creating healthy boundaries
- building on self-compassion, self-awareness and confidence
Therapeutic Approaches & Modalities: Holistic approach using both Psychodynamic and Humanistic modalities.
- Canadian Counselling & Psychology Association (Member #11246231)
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse 2012
- Licensed Practical Nurse 1996
- Long Term Care Aide 1991
- Geriatric Specialty Consultant
- Geriatric mental health training program certificate
- Delirium assessment certificate
- Elder Friendly Care Certificate
- Motivational Interviewing certificate
- Trauma Informed certificate
- Solution Focused training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy training
- Mindfulness training
- Violence prevention, de-escalation, interventions, recognizing and responding to risk, behavioral care planning training
- Harm reduction education certificate
- Confidential Information Management Code of Practice
* Christina is a member of the Canadian Counselling & Psychology Association so please check your benefits or insurance coverage prior to appointment.
Meet with Christina
If you are interested in booking an appointment with Christina, please click the button below, or phone at (250) 871-1184 or email [email protected].