Caroline Miskenak, Registered Nurse
I’m Caroline and I’m so happy you’ve found me and have chosen to take a step toward working through what it is that brought you here.
Life and our human experience can be messy and we all need non-judgmental, objective, support from time-to-time. I’m here to meet you where you’re at with compassion, deep listening, and a human-to-human connection. I believe in your capacity to be your own guide and therefore, I take a collaborative approach to help you gain clarity, insight, and a deeper understanding of your ways of being so that you can feel empowered to make positive changes in your life.
Professionally, I’m a registered nurse with specialized training and over a decade of experience in the mental health and substance use field. I’ve worked in both inpatient and community settings providing one-to-one counseling, coaching, treatment planning and case management. I’ve worked in the private and non-profit sectors as a teacher for women’s health, trauma recovery and leadership. As an RN, I integrate evidence based knowledge and skill. I ensure quality, competent, and safe practice by following the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) professional practice standards, scope of practice guidelines and code of ethics.
Personally, I’m a poet, artist, lover of nature, mother of 3 adult children. I love my dog immensely and have always lived on the BC coast, calling the Comox Valley home since 1992.
If you would like to meet, I have appointments available in person or online.
Adults of all ages (including adolescents over the age of 17).
I have a particular interest in working with young women and mothers, widows under 50 years of age, individuals living with chronic health challenges and those in caregiving roles (including healthcare professionals).
Supports individuals with:
- life changes and transitions
- grief and loss
- navigating living with chronic health issues
- navigating the healthcare system
- identifying mind-body wellness goals & creating comprehensive plans to achieve goals
- relationship stressors
- codependency, interpersonal conflicts, creating healthy boundaries, communication
- stress, anxiety, depression, panic, emotional regulation
- workplace and/or caregiver burnout
- substance use and recovery
- improving resilience and developing healthy coping skills.
Therapeutic Approaches & Modalities:
Holistic (whole-person) approach, strengths based, resilience and solution-focused, psychodynamic, psychoeducation, CBT, mindfulness, visualization/active imagination, Intentional Creativity (a modality using mindfulness/image/language), culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed.
- Registered Nurse, Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
- Canadian Counselling & Psychology Association Member
- Motivational Interviewing certificate
- Solution Focused and Brief Action Planning training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy training
- Mindfulness training
- Cultural competency training
- Violence prevention and behavioral care planning training
- ASIST suicide prevention training
- Certified Intentional Creativity® teacher and coach
- Certified Whole Health Medicine professional
- Nutrition for Mental Health education
- Harm reduction education
- Stages of Change
*Caroline is a professional member of the Canadian Canadian Counselling & Psychology Association, please check your benefits or insurance coverage prior to booking an appointment.
Meet with Caroline
If you are interested in booking an appointment with Caroline, please click the button below, or phone at (250) 871-1184 or email Caroline@seahorsecounselling.ca.